Best of April 2007
1. Bird flu scares ( Don’t know if that’s the best news to begin
2. I continue eating chicken ( very brave ,don’t you think or
3. 8 students of mine leave for Singapore to atttend
hotel,tourism, accounting ,computer schools.Altogether
about 35 have left for there in the past 4 months.
4. I work on my blog try to think of stuff to put on it. I enjoy it
5. It’s getting real hot, the afternoons are only to be spent in the
shade. The new shopping mall in a good place to hide from
the sun .
6. A teacher of mine becomes a monk for seven days to please
his mum. But his bald head afterwards ,probably didn’t
please his girlfriend tho ( but you never know )
7. Before the Water Festival the number of students in my
classes drops substantially. I am left with a lot of extra hand-
8. The wife and I talk about going to the beach , then about the
Inle lake, then we decide to stay at home during the
Festivities and take a short trip to Maymyo instead.
9. The Water Festival is quite fun , but moderate not so go-getting . Well with the economy in the state that it is . put together with the fears of the powers that be ,that the whole thing would get out of hand and their ” I don’t give a shit attitude” towards the populace made the whole festival down beat.
10. Myanmar/ Burmese students ( according to New Year custom here in Mdy ) give me a lot of presents .
Thank You and My Best Wishes to You All.
Being a teacher here is great, you are still very much
respected ( if you do your job well , that is )
and you really become an integral part of the community. The
community is really important here.Everyone knows everyone
but not to the extent of a small town where everyone knows
everything about everyone else .
11. One of my favourite sayings :
“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing”
11. And anyone who wants to know something about the Bel
Air/ Falcon pyramid scheme ,disguised as a Multi-level Marketing ,go to : http://www.sgforums.com/?action=thread_display&thread_id=177899
These are the kind of things that happen when education and common sense is scant and greed is in excess. Especially in countries like this and Albania etc will people fall for these scams .