March 24, 2011 dispatch from Mandalay
OK all, I will be brief :
1. me can’t stick up pics here so will be pasting links to my FB galleries ,
here’s the first one : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=52347&id=100000261236018&l=3fde2705ca
2. All VOIP i.e. Pfingo, VZO and Skype have been banned here, at least in the net cafes …
but about using them from ur own line ? possible I guess tho technically illegal.
3. Baking hot now after a few days of under 20*C and chilly rain showers in both YGN and MDY : La Nina weather leading to Cyclone weather they say…..
4. Condolences to Japan one of my favourite countries and many of my fondest childhood memories there……
5. Last night’s quake in Tachilek was approx 6.8 – 7.0 and we still can’t get thru to my sis-in-law who has a bookshop called Pyar-Laung Sarpay
near the Friendship bridge ( Tachilek-Mai Sai crossing )
6. Will be moving office and school next month !
All’s not right in this world but will keep the faith !